Monday, February 25, 2013

I'm still alive...barely

I'm sorry I haven't been posting, but this has been my worst month, personally, in a while.

I started out the month with a very painful kidney stone that took over a week to pass. I've never had such terrible pain in my life. They say the pain from a kidney stone is worse than giving birth. Of Course, I've never given birth, so I wouldn't know about that. If it's true, then birthing should be a piece of cake after what I went through with this stone. If you've gone through both, let me know how the pain compared.

About a week after I had the last pain from the stone, I got a nasty cold that resulted in an ear infection, sinus infection and bronchitis. I'm going on with my third week of this. I started antibiotics last week, and I do feel a lot better, but I still can't hear out of my left ear. It's most annoying. I haven't seen a Dr ever except for my female and fertility stuff. That shows you how often I get sick. I don't. Until now. I was finally able to get in to see a nurse practitioner last week. She was really nice and actually seemed very interested in everything I've been going through fertility wise. Since we are trying to get pregnant she erred on the side of caution and gave me an antibiotic that would be safe to take during pregnancy. I appreciate the concern from her, but I wonder if she gave me something stronger if I would be getting better faster. Maybe I'd be able to hear. Who knows. I do feel a lot better so that's all that matters. My throat isn't raw anymore and most of the sinus pressure seems to have gone. The cough has almost gone away.

And of course AF showed up the last day I was having pain from my kidney stone at 3am. When I called the Dr office they told me that I would have to wait until next cycle to continue with treatment. G and I were ok with that since we were concerned about the radiation from the 2 CT scans I had and all the pain meds I'd been taking. I was actually really disappointed, but I understood. Especially since I ended up getting sick. Most of the time G and I would just go to bed when we got home and try to rest.

It's hard for me to know what's going on with my body. My cycles haven't regulated since the miscarriage. I don't know if I was O'ing on my own prior to that, but my cycles were starting on their own about every 45 days. Not the case anymore. I was actually having signs of a possible fertile period, but the increased CM could have just been from all the meds I was taking for my cold. We bd'd just in case, but I won't hold my breath or anything. The increased CM is the only indicator I've had.

I just don't know how long I should wait before taking the provera to induce another cycle. I know I need to wait until at least CD30 and a neg pg test, but should I wait longer just to see if my cycle will start on it's own? I just hate waiting because I want to get on to the next cycle as fast as possible. I'm so anxious to get this next medicated cycle under way. Not sure if I mentioned it, but it's going to be a full injectible cycle. I've had these vials of medicine in my fridge for a while now and I'm anxious to get started.

Other than being in pain and sick, this has been a boring month. I've been trying to get some reading done, but when I was in pain from the stone it was impossible to concentrate on anything but the pain. I pray I never have another kidney stone again.

No comments: