Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Marlboro Rock the Ranch 2012 - Last Round of paperwork

In just 8 short days G and I will be getting on a plane to head to Marlboro Country!

On April 26 I received a phone call just to verify all of our info and make sure everything was correct. I had some concerns about getting a flight out of our local airport so I was then connected with the department that handles all of the flight info. They ended up calling me about 3 times to try and get all of the flight info handled. Our local airport has cut back on the number of flights (very small airport, only 1 terminal), so in the end we had a choice of 2 other airports to fly from. They people scheduling our flights were very friendly and great about offering us options.

From the information in the second packet I knew about when my last packet was supposed to arrive. I tracked it at FedEx using the same # as the previous packages (7229/pm). When I noticed that it was going to be delivered the next day I requested to have the package held at the local sorting facility because I knew there was a good chance there would be no one available to sign for it. It was scheduled to go to my Mother's house because I was at work, but my mother tends to sleep late so I figured she would still be in bed when they attempted to deliver. It worked out well this way. I was able to go get my package early in the day instead of having to wait until the next day.

The last packet was in a box and had a packet inside for each of us. We each received our flight info, contact cards so our family can reach us if needed, luggage tags, and a prepaid debit card to check our luggage, and in my packet was a check for $750 and our itinerary while at the Ranch. It also said there were a few other activities available and we could rearrange our activities while at the Ranch. I was happy to see that fly fishing is available.

Right now these are the activities we are scheduled for:
Day 2 - Horseback Riding & Zip Lining
Day 3 - Hummer Tour & Archery Adventure

I think I might see if G is ok with switching out the archery for fly fishing since we will probably never get an opportunity to fly fish again.

I was also very happy to see our flight info. When I tried looking up available flights from the airport we're flying out of, I couldn't find a flight that got into Bozeman before 9pm. I was upset because most of the other guests are going to be getting there in the early afternoon, and I felt like I was going to be missing out on a lot.  Good news is that we're getting into Bozeman at around 1pm! I couldn't be happier.

We also each got a baseball cap to wear through the airport so we can recognize other guests and so the Ranch staff can recognize us.

The next day we had a large box delivered to my mother's house and inside was 2 large rolling duffel bags! I forgot to take a picture of them, but when I get the out to pack I'll take a picture and post it so everyone can see what they look like. They are nice and a pretty good size.

My only issue is that I may have something coming up that may prevent me from going to the Ranch. I won't know until later this week, though. I really can't elaborate on it until I get some more information, which I will hopefully have by Thursday.

I'm really anxious to find out what will happen if I call Travel Headquarters and tell them I have to cancel considering it's so close and I've already gotten a bunch of stuff.

I'll keep you updated on what happens and hopefully I'll be able to share my news at the same time!

No comments: